LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE, PRETORIA
To lead the protection of SAMSA Information and Communication Technology (ICT) environment against cyberattacks by defining security strategy, identifying, and remediating potential and actual security threats, vulnerabilities, and related security weaknesses.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Develop ICT Security Policies, Procedures and Standards and provide guidance consistent with the entity's security requirements.
- Develop and implement Security reference architecture framework and related strategies.
- Conduct relevant research in Information Security Management and Technologies to keep abreast with security related trends including country's security regulations.
- Coordinate and manage Information Security meetings and documentation and ensure issues are follow-up.
- Manage and Audit Reviews regarding Information Security.
- Manage seamless integration of functions with other sections and centers.
- Coordinate and manage external parties engaged in the provision of services related to Information Security.
- Establish a process for identifying, tracking, and reporting security incidents.
- Conduct reviews of all systems to ensure that effective IT security controls consistent with policies are in place for each system.
- Cooperate with the IT Management on IT security matters such as incidents, potential threats, and other concerns including regular reviews of logged security violations and related incidents
- Maintain the IT Risk Register and Security Awareness and Compliance Training Programs to ensure that ICT staff, and SAMSA employees are well informed of current and emerging security threats.
- Conduct regular security assessment, vulnerability assessment including penetration testing.
Knowledge and Experience
- A relevant Bachelor or NQF 7 Qualification in Information Technology.
- Must be Certified in any of the two Courses below:
- Ethical Hacking.
- ISACA CISA (Certified Information Security Administrator).
- ISACA CISM (Certified Information Security Manager).
- CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional)
Knowledge of POPI Act.
- 5-7 years' relevant working experience in ICT Security Management and Cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of Cyber security.
- Knowledge of industry best practice e.g., ITIL and COBIT, etc.
- Firewall Administration Experience.
- IT Security Operations.
- Solid knowledge of Information Security principles and practices
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Installation, configuration, monitoring and response to security technologies.
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards.
- Software and security architecture(s).
- Knowledge of risk management principles.
- Good presentation skills
- Good Customer
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Time Management
CLOSING DATE: 13 JUNE 2022
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to African Males, African Females and people living with a disability to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity.
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.