WEST REGION: CAPE TOWN OFFICE
The above position will report to Regional Finance Officer
SAMSA is seeking the expertise of a Finance Assistant to perform all the required divisional financial activities.
1. Revenue Control
- To ensure that invoices and quotes are correctly charged in accordance with determinations charges published in Government gazette.
- To ensure that revenue transactions are allocated with the correct batches to enable third party to trace the transaction in the cash book and bank statements
- To ensure that revenue transactions are accurately recorded and posted to the general ledger on monthly basis.
- To ensure that all invoices and quotes are raised for clients on daily basis and cash received is banked timeously.
- To ensure revenue completeness by making sure that all activities on the diary are invoices on daily basis.
- To ensure that revenue transactions are recorded in the month incurred.
- Maintain revenue file(s) system for audit purposes
2. Petty Cash Control
- To ensure that all entries in the petty cash replenishment schedule or registers are Substantiated by invoices and accompanied approved forms and motivation for entries above the limit of R500.00.
- To ensure that the petty cash register is signed/ authorised on weekly basis/ bi weekly basis as proof that all reconciliation and verification process are adhered to
- To ensure that all petty transactions on the register and peppy cash books are captured into the financial system and reference on daily basis
- Maintain petty Cash file(s) system for audit purposes
3. Debtor Control
- Perform monthly reconciliation of debtors.
- Resolve customer queries with regards to invoices within 2 working days.
- Collection on outstanding monies by means of sending customer statement on monthly basis. .
- Maintain good debtors file(s) system for audit purposes.
4. General admin support /Ad hoc basis
- Assist Finance officer on inventory counts and preparation of inventory register.
- Assist Finance officer on Fixed Asset count and updating the fixed asset register.
- Assist Finance officer on identification of disposable assets (Impaired assets).
- Assist finance officer with the internal and external audit samples selection files
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12
- NQF level 5 in Finance /Accounting or Auditing (Higher Certificate)
- 1 year relevant experience.
- Knowledge of PFMA and other regulatory framework pertaining to National Treasury framework.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good understanding of Finance principles in the public sector
- Good team player with the ability to work and interact at senior levels.
- High levels of judgement and ethical standards.
- Must be attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Competent in Microsoft applications
- Self- motivated and a problem solver.
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Deadline driven.
- Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions
- Ability to maintain effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure.
Should you meet the requirements as set out above, please e-mail your CV to: Masiye Pilusa at firstname.lastname@example.org CLOSING DATE: 21 January 2022
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to members of the designated groups (African Male and people living with a Disability) to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity.
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.