The position reports to Head: Corporate Social Investment & Sustainability.
LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE, PRETORIA
To enhance SAMSA's corporate brand and reputation through the implementation of Stakeholder, CSI and Sustainability management and initiatives.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Stakeholder Management, CSI and Sustainability Project Management
- Design Project plans for the successful implementation of Stakeholder, CSI and Sustainability programs and projects.
- Drive the Coordination and the implementation of programs and projects nationally.
- Ensure that internal and external communication to relevant stakeholders is implemented
- Conduct regular site visits to beneficiaries.
- Monitor, evaluate and provide feedback on Stakeholder, CSI and Sustainability programs and projects and the unit's operational plan.
- Conduct assessment/ follow up on CSI& Sustainability initiatives to promote the societal impact of the projects as per agreements with the beneficiaries and delivery partners.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc stakeholder feedback reports as required to ensure accurate reporting and monitoring of projects.
Stakeholder Management and Clients Relations
- Create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, managers and team members necessary to partner with for the effective implementation of projects and inform stakeholders of management plans.
- Engage and secure the support of stakeholder partners in the delivery of socio-economic development initiatives within host communities.
- Leverage initiatives and partnership opportunities that exist at a Provincial and National level for the benefit of host communities.
- Facilitate the development and servicing of Memorandums of Understanding, Memorandums of Agreement, Service Level Agreements with key partners and stakeholders for approval by the Senior Manager.
BBBEEE and Procurement Process Adherence
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with the departments to achieve set B-BBEE goals.
- Monitor, report on and provide feedback on Socio-Economic Development and Enterprise Development elements of the BBBEE scorecard.
- Engage with SCM on CSI to ensure alignments with procurement process.
- Engage with Finance to align on CSI financial processes to be followed.
- File all SCM and finance process for each project activation.
- Report on total spend in line with priorities and ensure alignment to the BBBEE requirements.
- Keep to all evidence of beneficiaries as required for the adherence of BBBEE.
- A relevant NQF level 7 qualification
Knowledge and Experience
Minimum of 3-5 years in Communications or Stakeholder Management and CSI related areas, of which:
- 2 or more years' experience in engaging with the Maritime Industry stakeholders, NGO's, government bodies and in identifying funding opportunities is essential
- 2 years exp in Project Management or Events Management is essential
- 1-2 years budget planning experience is advantageous
- Basic Understanding of South African Governance framework such as the PMFA, NDP and Batho Pele.
- Basic knowledge on the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act and Codes
- Knowledge and Understanding of community social investment trusts or similar entities
- Basic Understanding of Non-governmental organizations
- Advanced proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Project management skills
- Report writing and integration skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Stakeholder management skills-Ability to work with a large and diverse range of persons
- Research and analysis
- Marketing and negotiation skills
- Meeting management
Should you meet the requirements as set out above, please e-mail your CV to Analiza Setsiba at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to African Males and people living with a disability to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity.
CLOSING DATE: 10 MAY 2021
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.