The South African Maritime Safety Authority (SAMSA) Centre for Boating is committed to encouraging safe boating in our inland waterways with the continuous Boating Safety Campaign.
The main aim of the campaign is to interact with the boating community while entrenching the principles of boating safely in our inland waterways.
The Campaign follows the same process in all the Dams.
SAMSA boating specialists normally spend two days at the dam consulting with boat owners and operators in the area. They are able able to assist the boaters with issues such as:
• Boating registrations
• Certification issues
• Boating Safety and
• Any other enquiries that the boating public might have.
The Campaign remind members of the public who use our inland waterways for both recreational and commercial purposes to be safe in our waters by:
• Always wearing your life jacket onboard
• Making sure that the skipper is licensed
• Always remembering that an unlicensed boat is an unsafe boat
• It is not safe to consume alcohol onboard a boat
For more information please contact Imraan Davis at 082 418 3219 or email Imraan@samsa.org.za
Please see the interaction with the boaters in pictures by clicking here
Thursday, October 2, 2014 - 15:38