VACANCY: SENIOR MANAGER: MARITIME POLICY PERMANENT
CENTRE FOR POLICY, LEGAL AND REGULATIONS JOB GRADE: D4
To set the direction, oversee and drive the maritime policy agenda based on SAMSA’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the strategic and operational direction of the maritime policy unit
- Conduct research on comparable maritime policies and international conventions
- Develop maritime policies’ related position / discussion papers to inform SAMSA strategy and policies
- Develop and manage SAMSA Maritime Policy collaboration and partnership strategy and programmes
- Harness functional linkages within SAMSA Centres, national and international stakeholders on policy compliance
- Determine and establish relevant joint initiatives with stakeholders to achieve maritime policy objectives
- Manage projects effectively through robust integrated planning and interaction with clients / stakeholders
- Develop and manage performance compliance requirements (e.g. annual business plan, reports and ad-hoc requests etc.)
- Identify Centre risks and ensure the development and implementation of effective mitigation plan
- Act on departmental audit findings and related management comments to prevent repeat audit findings
- Relevant Post Graduate Qualification in Maritime Policy or Related Qualification.
- 7 years related working experience, 3 years which should have been at a Supervisory/ Management level
- Experience in maritime policy development and management
- Experience in engaging and managing strategic stakeholders
- Working knowledge of project and programme management
- Broad knowledge and experience of strategic stakeholders engagement processes
High level of competence on the skills below is a requirement.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills and ability to manage and develop staff and teams
- Applied strategic, operational thinking and leadership
- Policy Development, Implementation and Evaluation
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- People Management and Empowerment
- Risk Management
- Research, Analysis and presentation
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Project and Programme Management
- Work collaboratively with various individuals with varying backgrounds and levels
- Change Management
- Tact and flexibility
Should you meet the requirements as set out above, please e-mail your CV to Analiza Setsiba at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to African Females, White Females and people living with a disability to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity.
CLOSING DATE: 13 MARCH 2019
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.