The purpose of the position is to carry out surveys to ensure compliance with the requirements of the applicable Acts, Regulations and Conventions.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ship Surveys and Inspections
- Examinations and Accreditations
- Legislation/ regulations
- Casualties/Incident investigations
- Technical Consultancy
- Adhoc special tasks in furtherance of SAMSA objectives (Stakeholder engagement)
- Grade 12
- Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced Diploma NQF level 7
- Fisherman Grade 2 or Skipper Fishing> 24m (Limited Waters)
- Minimum of 7 years related working experience.
- Previous vessel surveying experience/ Skipper of a fishing trawler would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of maritime safety and pollution prevention practices and standards
- General knowledge of national and international maritime legislation.
- Knowledge of the Merchant Shipping, Act 57 of 1951/ (NSVR 2007).
- Good communication skills
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving
- Relationship building
Should you meet the requirements as set out above, please e-mail your
CV to Masiye Pilusa at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 28 May 2019
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices,
it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives.
Preference will be given to members of the designated groups (African and Coloured Female)
and disabled candidates to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity.
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.