Survey Information and Checklists
- All pleasure vessels used in South Africa, excepting;
- Power driven vessels powered by motors of 15HP or less;
- Sailing vessels of less than 9m;
- Vessels propelled by human power alone;
Are required to be surveyed (inspected) annually and issued a Certificate of Fitness (COF) by either a SAMSA surveyor or a safety officer appointed by an Authorised Agency.
- All commercial vessels regardless of size or propulsion are required to be surveyed annually by a SAMSA officer or a SAMSA appointed small vessel surveyor and issued a Local General Safety Certificate (LGSC).