VACANCY: SHIP SURVEYOR (DECK)
GRADE: D3 EASTERN REGION: DURBAN OFFICE
Provide strategic, operational and administrative leadership to the SAMSA staff in the regional offices and Ports, to ensure that internal governance, planning, policies and systems effectively support the successful delivery of the operational and strategic direction of SAMSA.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ship Surveys and Inspections: Conduct and report on various types of surveys
- Deck Examinations and Accreditations: Set and moderate exam papers; conduct level 3 assessments; accredit medical practitioners, training courses and training institutions
- Legislation/Regulations: Initiate and participate in the drafting of new legislation and amendments to existing legislation
- Casualty/Incident Investigations: Undertake and report on casualty/ incident investigations as well as make recommendations based on the outcome of the investigation
- Technical Consultancy: Assist with the interpretation of legislation and provide professional advice to industry as and when required
- Chief Mate STCW Certificate of Competency
- STCW ancillary courses and any other equivalent training
- Sailed in rank as Chief Mate (seagoing experience)
- Applicants holding these grades of certificates must have the required sea time for their next grade of certificate of competency
- Driver's license and own vehicle
Should you meet the requirements as set out above, please e-mail your CV to Amahle Mbatha at firstname.lastname@example.org
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to African Females and People living with a disability to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity.
CLOSING DATE: 15 NOVEMBER 2019
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.