LONG TERM CONTRACT: 3 years
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Second in command of the Engine Department and reports directly to the Chief Engineer
- Efficient management of the engine room, including the preparation and monitoring of work plans for engineers and ratings (including the on board training and development of engine room crew)
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of propulsion and auxiliary machinery in compliance with the Chief Engineer's instructions
- Responsible for the maintenance of all machineries on deck and in the engine room as required by the Planned Maintenance System (PMS) and as directed by the Chief Engineer
- Management of lube of stores, spares, lube oils and chemicals including monitoring of the consumption and inventory management
- Reporting of defects, non-conformances and other matters which could affect operational efficiency to the Chief Engineer
- To instruct and supervise on the vessel in the use of safety, environmental protection, fire-fighting and first aid and life-saving equipment
- Second Engineer Officer ≥3000 kW (STCW III/2 – no limitation) is a minimum requirement.
- Valid STCW ancillary courses
- No medical limitations
- Sailed in rank of Second Engineer (seagoing experience)
Should you meet the requirements set out above, please e-mail your CV to Wilna Kapp at firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: 16 October 2019
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to Coloured Male/ Female and Black Male/ Female candidates.
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.