VACANCY: RADIO SURVEYOR
EASTERN REGION: DURBAN OFFICE
To conduct radio surveys, investigations, assess radio examinations, and accredit/moderate radio training institutions for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the requirements of the applicable Acts, Regulations and International Conventions.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Surveys and Inspections - Perform statutory surveys for both SA and foreign flagged vessels.
- Radio Operators' Qualifications - Assist with Audits and Accreditations
- Flag State Control- Assist with the implementation of Flag State Control inspections in terms of South African legislation and ITU Rules.
- Port State Control- Assist with the implementation of Port State Control inspections in terms of IMO SOLAS Convention. Simultaneously, conduct inspections in terms of the Maritime Occupational Safety Regulations with respect to compliance & Stevedore Safety.
- Technical Consultancy - Assist in consultations with mariners in respect to maritime legislative topics and draft reports.
- Administration - Ensure that radio equipment has ICASA and SAMSA approvals for use on SA Ships and where necessary, conforms to International standards approvals and requirements.
- First or Second-Class Radio Electronic Certificate (STCW) or;
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Electronics/Electrical Engineering and GMDSS General operator's Certificate
- 3-5 years in the maritime industry
- Driver's license and must have own vehicle
Should you meet the requirements as set out above, please e-mail your CV to Amahle Mbatha at email@example.com
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to African Females and People living with a disability to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity.
CLOSING DATE: 5 NOVEMBER 2019
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.