POSITION: FINANCE ASSISTANT (B4)
WEST REGION: CAPE TOWN MARITIME SPECIAL PROJECTS
The above position will report to Finance Officer
SAMSA is seeking the expertise of a Finance Assistant to perform all the required divisional financial activities.
- Process invoices to clients as and when required
- Receipt payments made
- Reconcile the debtors' accounts periodically.
- Administration and compliance
- Maintenance and proper filing of documents
- Ensure the transactions are processed within the prescripts of the National treasury instructions and PFMA.
- Assist with internal & external audits
- Ad hoc duties
- Petty Cash Control
- Ensure petty cash is safe guarded and properly distributed
- Ensure that petty cash is reconciled monthly and float always balance
- Ensure that petty cash is captured on the system monthly.
- Payables control
- Receive, verify and capture supplier invoices for payment
- Prepare periodic creditors reconciliations
- Prepare and monitor invoice register
- Ensure accuracy of information on the invoice
- Ensure all invoices are ready for payment before due dates
- Ensure all the invoices received are captured in the GL
- Liaise with suppliers when required
- Fixed Assets
- Maintain fixed assets register for the division and the vessels
- Identify items of assets nature
- Monitor and record movements of assets
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12
- NQF level 5 in Finance /Accounting or Auditing (Higher Certificate)
- 1 year relevant experience.
- Knowledge of PFMA and other regulatory framework pertaining to National Treasury framework.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good understanding of Finance principles in the public sector
- Good team player with the ability to work and interact at senior levels.
- High levels of judgement and ethical standards.
- Must be attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Competent in Microsoft applications
- Self- motivated and a problem solver.
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Deadline driven.
- Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions
- Ability to maintain effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure.
Should you meet the requirements as set out above, please e-mail your CV to: Masiye Pilusa at email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 07 October 2019
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to members of the designated groups to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity. Preference will be given to Coloured Male and people living with a Disability.
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.