LONG TERM CONTRACT: 3 years
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Head of Engineering Department on board assigned vessel/s within the SAMSA MSP managed Fleet
- Controlling, supervising and delegating maintenance and repair of all machineries and equipment including safety equipment, refrigerated cargo, navigation, communication, deck and hull items
- In co-operation with Master, monitors the budgets allocated to the vessel and assist the Vessel Superintendent in proposing the next year's budget
- Bunkering of the vessel to ensure efficient bunkers are on board for safe operation and in line with Company policies
- In co-operation with the Master and Vessel Superintendent, prepare and supervise dry dock jobs to achieve a safe and cost efficient dry dock
- Additional responsibilities in terms of environmental protection.
- Chief Engineer Officer ≥3000 kW (STCW III/2 – no limitation) is a minimum requirement.
- Valid STCW ancillary courses
- No medical limitations
- Sailed in rank of Chief Engineer (seagoing experience)
Should you meet the requirements set out above, please e-mail your CV to Wilna Kapp at email@example.com Closing date: 16 October 2019
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to Coloured Male/ Female and Black Male/ Female candidates.
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.